S.T.Y.L.E. Program (Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport)
The Learning Disabilities Association of Toronto in partnership with the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport, is proud to announce that the S.T.Y.L.E. program (Skills Training for Youth Through Learning and Education) are in our 8th year!
The S.T.Y.L.E. program is focused on providing academic remediation in addition to improving awareness of nutrition, health and well-being. The program, which is offered free of cost, is comprised of the following elements:
- Local Programming- Students will be supported in their academic subjects.They will also be giving the opportunity to participate in Arts and Cultural activities.
- Physical Activity – Students will engage in activity through exploring different types of recreation options.
- Personal health and wellness – Social skills training and LD specific life skills coaching including communication, problem solving, time management, organizational skills and interpersonal relationships.
- Health and Nutrition – Making healthy food choices, menu planning and learning to prepare healthy snacks.
”I am enjoying this program, I met lots of cool people and I want this to go on forever.”
“For the past few weeks I have had lots of fun in the program. This program helps us with homework and helps us with our social skills.”
“I think it is good how we do different activities everyday and not just the same thing every day.”
S.T.Y.L.E is presently available within the following Toronto high schools. Please note that at this present moment, only youth attending/registered in the schools listed below are able to access this program;
- Victoria Park C.I
- Bendale BTI
- L’Amoreaux C.I
- Dr Norman Bethune C.I
- Northview Height S.S
- CW Jefferys C.I
- St. Basil, The Great, College
- Oakwood C.I
- Downsview Secondary School
- Birchmount Park
We are on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM!!
Want to know what is happening across all our sites? Join us on Twitter and Instagram to see updates for each site, challenges and shared success stories! Find us @weareSTYLEish !!!
For more information on S.T.Y.L.E in the above schools and your youth attending, please contact the S.T.Y.L.E Admin Team; Nicola Kirwan or Dana Tulsieram at 416 229 9046.